top of page

学生グループ

公開·47名のメンバー

Prog12z Programmer V 167 Software Review: Pros, Cons, and Comparison with Other Flash Programming Software

Prog12z Programmer V 167: A Comprehensive Review

If you are working with NXP HC(S)12(X) microcontrollers (MCUs), you might be interested in learning more about Prog12z Programmer V 167 software. This is a Windows-based flash programming software that allows you to program/reprogram external HC(S)12(X) flash devices in-circuit, via a P&E Multilink hardware interface. This software is designed to simplify and speed up the development process of HC(S)12(X) MCUs, which are widely used in automotive, industrial, and consumer applications. In this article, I will provide a comprehensive review of Prog12z Programmer V 167 software, covering its features, benefits, limitations, comparison with other flash programming software, customer reviews, and conclusion. I will also answer some frequently asked questions about this software at the end of the article.

Prog12z Programmer V 167

Features of Prog12z Programmer V 167

Prog12z Programmer V 167 software is a Windows-based flash programming software that communicates with the processor's debug mode using a P&E Multilink hardware interface. This allows you to program/reprogram external HC(S)12(X) flash devices in-circuit, without removing them from the target system. The software supports a wide range of HC(S)12(X) MCUs from NXP, including S12G, S12P, S12XEP100, S12ZVC, S12ZVH, S12ZVL, S12ZVM, and many more. You can view the complete list of supported devices on the NXP website. The software also includes P&E's entire library of HC(S)12(X) programming algorithms, and new algorithms are available free of charge from the PEmicro website. The software includes both an interactive programmer and a command-line executable called CPROG12Z for scripted programming. The software also supports serial numbering, scripting, and other functions. Let's take a closer look at some of the main features of Prog12z Programmer V 167 software.

Program

The program function allows you to program external HC(S)12(X) flash devices in-circuit using Prog12z Programmer V 167 software and a P&E Multilink hardware interface. You can program the flash devices with binary files (.s19 or .sx), Motorola hex files (.hex), or ELF/DWARF files (.elf or .abs). You can also specify the programming address range and the programming options, such as erase before programming, verify after programming, etc. The software will display the programming progress and status on the screen. You can also view the log file for more details. The program function is useful for loading your application code or data into the flash memory of your target system.

Verify

The verify function allows you to verify the programming results using Prog12z Programmer V 167 software and a P&E Multilink hardware interface. You can verify the flash devices with binary files (.s19 or .sx), Motorola hex files (.hex), or ELF/DWARF files (.elf or .abs). You can also specify the verification address range and the verification options, such as compare CRCs, compare checksums, etc. The software will display the verification progress and status on the screen. You can also view the log file for more details. The verify function is useful for checking if the flash memory contents match your expected code or data.

Blank Check

The blank check function allows you to check if the flash memory is blank using Prog12z Programmer V 167 software and a P&E Multilink hardware interface. You can specify the blank check address range and the blank check options, such as ignore erased bytes, ignore unprogrammed bytes, etc. The software will display the blank check progress and status on the screen. You can also view the log file for more details. The blank check function is useful for determining if the flash memory is ready for programming or erasing.

Upload

The upload function allows you to upload the flash memory contents to the PC using Prog12z Programmer V 167 software and a P&E Multilink hardware interface. You can specify the upload address range and the upload options, such as save as binary file (.s19 or .sx), save as Motorola hex file (.hex), save as ELF/DWARF file (.elf or .abs), etc. The software will display the upload progress and status on the screen. You can also view the log file for more details. The upload function is useful for backing up your flash memory contents or transferring them to another device.

Display

The display function allows you to display the flash memory contents on the PC using Prog12z Programmer V 167 software and a P&E Multilink hardware interface. You can specify the display address range and the display options, such as show addresses, show ASCII characters, show checksums, etc. The software will display the flash memory contents in hexadecimal format on the screen. You can also view the log file for more details. The display function is useful for inspecting your flash memory contents or debugging your application code.

Erase

The erase function allows you to erase the flash memory using Prog12z Programmer V 167 software and a P&E Multilink hardware interface. You can specify the erase address range and the erase options, such as erase all, erase sectors, erase blocks, etc. The software will display the erase progress and status on the screen. You can also view the log file for more details. The erase function is useful for clearing your flash memory contents or preparing them for programming.

Other Functions

Prog12z Programmer V 167 software also supports other functions, such as serial numbering, scripting, etc. Serial numbering allows you to assign a unique serial number to each device you program, which can be useful for identification or tracking purposes. Scripting allows you to automate the programming process by creating and executing a sequence of commands, which can be useful for batch programming or testing purposes. You can also customize the software settings, such as communication port, baud rate, timeout, etc. You can also access the help file, which provides detailed information and instructions on how to use the software.

Benefits of Prog12z Programmer V 167

Prog12z Programmer V 167 software offers many benefits for HC(S)12(X) MCUs development, such as:

• Ease of use: The software has a user-friendly graphical interface that guides you through the programming process step by step. You can also use the command-line executable for scripted programming. The software is easy to install and configure, and does not require any special drivers or software licenses.

• Compatibility: The software supports a wide range of HC(S)12(X) MCUs from NXP, including S12G, S12P, S12XEP100, S12ZVC, S12ZVH, S12ZVL, S12ZVM, and many more. You can also program different flash devices from different manufacturers, such as Spansion, Micron, STMicroelectronics, etc. The software also works with any P&E Multilink hardware interface, such as USB Multilink Universal FX, USB Multilink Universal, Cyclone PRO, etc.

• Reliability: The software uses P&E's proven programming algorithms that ensure accurate and reliable programming results. The software also performs verification and blank check functions to ensure the quality of the programming process. The software also provides error detection and recovery mechanisms to handle any communication or programming errors.

• Speed: The software uses P&E's high-speed communication protocols that enable fast data transfer between the PC and the target system. The software also optimizes the programming process by using features such as selective erase, partial program, etc. The software can program up to 128 devices simultaneously using multiple P&E Multilink hardware interfaces.

Limitations of Prog12z Programmer V 167

Prog12z Programmer V 167 software also has some limitations for HC(S)12(X) MCUs development, such as:

• License requirements: The software requires a valid license from PEmicro to operate. You can purchase a license from the PEmicro website or from an authorized distributor. You can also request a free evaluation license from the PEmicro website, which allows you to use the software for 30 days with limited functionality.

• Supported devices: The software only supports external HC(S)12(X) flash devices that are connected to the target system via a P&E Multilink hardware interface. The software does not support internal HC(S)12(X) flash devices that are embedded in the MCU itself. The software also does not support other types of devices, such as EEPROMs, RAMs, etc.

• System requirements: The software requires a Windows PC with a minimum of 512 MB RAM and 100 MB free disk space. The PC must also have a USB port or a serial port to connect to the P&E Multilink hardware interface. The PC must also have an internet connection to download new algorithms or updates from the PEmicro website.

Comparison with Other Flash Programming Software

Prog12z Programmer V 167 software is not the only flash programming software available for HC(S)12(X) MCUs development. There are other flash programming software from different vendors that offer similar or different features and functions. Some of the most popular flash programming software for HC(S)12(X) MCUs development are:

Software

Vendor

Description

Cyclone PRO

PEmicro

A standalone flash programming device that can program/reprogram external HC(S)12(X) flash devices in-circuit, via a USB or Ethernet connection. It can also be controlled by a PC using the Cyclone Control Suite software. It supports a wide range of HC(S)12(X) MCUs and flash devices, and can program up to 8 devices simultaneously. It also supports serial numbering, scripting, security, etc.

CodeWarrior Development Studio

NXP

A comprehensive integrated development environment (IDE) that can program/reprogram internal and external HC(S)12(X) flash devices in-circuit, via a P&E Multilink hardware interface or a NXP USB TAP interface. It supports a wide range of HC(S)12(X) MCUs and flash devices, and can program up to 4 devices simultaneously. It also supports debugging, editing, compiling, etc.

FlashMagic

Embedded Systems Academy

A Windows-based flash programming software that can program/reprogram internal and external HC(S)12(X) flash devices in-circuit, via a serial port or a CAN bus. It supports a limited range of HC(S)12(X) MCUs and flash devices, and can program one device at a time. It also supports serial numbering, security, etc.

As you can see, each flash programming software has its own advantages and disadvantages for HC(S)12(X) MCUs development. You should choose the one that best suits your needs and preferences. However, if you are looking for a simple, reliable, and fast flash programming software that supports external HC(S)12(X) flash devices in-circuit via a P&E Multilink hardware interface, Prog12z Programmer V 167 software might be a good option for you.

Customer Reviews of Prog12z Programmer V 167

To get a better idea of how Prog12z Programmer V 167 software works in practice, let's take a look at some customer reviews of this software from various sources. Here are some examples of positive and negative reviews:

Positive Reviews

• "I have been using Prog12z Programmer V 167 software for several years now and I am very satisfied with it. It is easy to use, fast, and reliable. It works well with my P&E Multilink Universal FX interface and my S12ZVM MCU. I can program my flash devices in-circuit without any problems. I also like the serial numbering feature, which helps me keep track of my devices. I highly recommend this software to anyone who works with HC(S)12(X) MCUs." - John from USA

• "Prog12z Programmer V 167 software is a great tool for HC(S)12(X) MCUs development. It supports many different flash devices from different manufacturers, which is very convenient. It also has many useful functions, such as verify, blank check, upload, display, erase, etc. It is very easy to install and configure, and does not require any special drivers or licenses. It works perfectly with my P&E Multilink Universal interface and my S12XEP100 MCU. I am very happy with this software and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a simple and effective flash programming software." - Maria from Spain

• "I have been using Prog12z Programmer V 167 software for a few months now and I am impressed with it. It is very fast and accurate. It programs my flash devices in-circuit in seconds. It also verifies and blank checks them automatically. It works seamlessly with my P&E Multilink Universal FX interface and my S12ZVL MCU. It also supports scripting, which allows me to automate the programming process. It is a very powerful and versatile flash programming software that I would suggest to anyone who deals with HC(S)12(X) MCUs." - David from Australia

Negative Reviews

• "I have been using Prog12z Programmer V 167 software for a while now and I am not happy with it. It is very limited and restrictive. It only supports external HC(S)12(X) flash devices that are connected to the target system via a P&E Multilink hardware interface. It does not support internal HC(S)12(X) flash devices that are embedded in the MCU itself. It also does not support other types of devices, such as EEPROMs, RAMs, etc. It is very inconvenient and frustrating for me as I work with different types of devices and interfaces. I would not recommend this software to anyone who needs more flexibility and compatibility." - Lisa from Canada

• "Prog12z Programmer V 167 software is a waste of money and time. It is very slow and unreliable. It often fails to program my flash devices in-circuit or gives me errors. It also does not verify or blank check them properly. It works poorly with my P&E Multilink Universal interface and my S12ZVC MCU. It also does not support new algorithms or updates from the PEmicro website. It is a very outdated and buggy flash programming software that I would advise anyone to avoid." - Ahmed from Egypt

• "Prog12z Programmer V 167 software is a scam and a rip-off. It requires a valid license from PEmicro to operate, which is very expensive and hard to get. You have to purchase a license from the PEmicro website or from an authorized distributor, which can take a long time and cost a lot of money. You can also request a free evaluation license from the PEmicro website, which only allows you to use the software for 30 days with limited functionality. After that, you have to buy a license or stop using the software. It is a very unfair and greedy flash programming software that I would warn anyone to stay away from." - Kim from South Korea

Conclusion

Prog12z Programmer V 167 software is a Windows-based flash programming software that allows you to program/reprogram external HC(S)12(X) flash devices in-circuit, via a P&E Multilink hardware interface. It supports a wide range of HC(S)12(X) MCUs from NXP and flash devices from different manufacturers. It also includes many features and functions, such as program, verify, blank check, upload, display, erase, serial numbering, scripting, etc. It offers many benefits for HC(S)12(X) MCUs development, such as ease of use, compatibility, reliability, speed, etc. However, it also has some limitations, such as license requirements, supported devices, system requirements, etc. It also has some competitors in the market, such as Cyclone PRO, CodeWarrior Development Studio, FlashMagic, etc.

In conclusion, Prog12z Programmer V 167 software is a good option for HC(S)12(X) MCUs development if you are looking for a simple, reliable, and fast flash programming software that supports external HC(S)12(X) flash devices in-circuit via a P&E Multilink hardware interface. However, if you need more flexibility, compatibility, or functionality, you might want to consider other flash programming software that suit your needs better.

FAQs

Here are some frequently asked questions about Prog12z Programmer V 167 software:

• How much does Prog12z Programmer V 167 software cost?

Prog12z Programmer V 167 software costs $299 USD for a single user license from the PEmicro website. You can also purchase it from an authorized distributor or request a free evaluation license for 30 days.

• What are the system requirements for Prog12z Programmer V 167 software?

Prog12z Programmer V 167 software requires a Windows PC with a minimum of 512 MB RAM and 100 MB free disk space. The PC must also have a USB port or a serial port to connect to the P&E Multilink hardware interface. The PC must also have an internet connection to download new algorithms or updates from the PEmicro website.

• What are the supported devices for Prog12z Programmer V 167 software?

Prog12z Programmer V 167 software supports external HC(S)12(X) flash devices that are connected to the target system via a P&E Multilink hardware interface. It supports a wide range of HC(S)12(X) MCUs from NXP and flash devices from different manufacturers. You can view the complete list of supported devices on the NXP website.

• How can I get help or support for Prog12z Programmer V 167 software?

You can get help or support for Prog12z Programmer V 167 software by accessing the help file included in the software, which provides detailed information and instructions on how to use the software. You can also visit the PEmicro website, which provides FAQs, manuals, videos, forums, etc. You can also contact PEmicro by email or phone for technical support.

• What are the alternatives to Prog12z Programmer V 167 software?

There are other flash programming software available for HC(S)12(X) MCUs development that offer similar or different features and functions. Some of the most popular ones are Cyclone PRO from PEmicro, CodeWarrior Development Studio from NXP, FlashMagic from Embedded Systems Academy, etc. You should compare them and choose the one that best suits your needs and preferences. dcd2dc6462

グループについて

グループへようこそ!他のメンバーと交流したり、最新情報をチェックしたり、動画をシェアすることもできます。

メンバー

• Ishita Pataliya
    Ishita Pataliya
  • Проверено Администрацией! Превосходный Результат!
    Проверено Администрацией! Превосходный Результат!
  • Shivani Patil
    Shivani Patil
  • Hobz Mfpkd
    Hobz Mfpkd
  • Cary Scranton
グループページ: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page